University of North Georgia is compliant with this comprehensive standard.
Policies regarding appointment, employment, and evaluation are published in the Employee Handbook and the Faculty Handbook.
Section 1.1 of the Employee Handbook contains a variety of employment policies (e.g., sexual harassment, drug and alcohol, staff grievance procedure, etc). Polices related to appointment are published in following sections of the Employee Handbook:
- 1.2 Categories of Employment (regular, temporary, special situations)
- 1.3 Hiring and Termination Guidelines (pre-employment screening, conditions of employment)
- 1.5 Provisional Period
Policies related to employee evaluation are published in Section 8 of the Employment Handbook.
Promotion and tenure policies are published in Section 8 of the Faculty Handbook. Minutes are attached showing approval of these policies by the Provost's Council and the Academic Affairs Committee.
The following policies are published in Section 10 of the Faculty Handbook:
- 10.8 Faculty Evaluation & Grievance
- 10.9 Employment Policies (amorous relationships, information technology, purchasing and contracts, endowed chairs, travel regulations)
- 10.10 Salaries
- 10.11 Leave & Absence
- 10.12 Faculty Recruitment & Employment
- 10.13 Faculty Resignation & Removal